Monday, January 28, 2008

Alkalinity

The theory behind alkalinity is that our body builds up fat to protect us from the acids in our system from the foods we eat and our stress and exercise. So if we alkalize our body by eating foods that are more alkaline that acidic most of the time and drink alkaline water, you will automatically loose weight. We can see that last week I still lost 15 ounces even though all of my food and snack choices were not alkaline. The goal is to eat about 70-80% alkaline, which would be green foods and vegetables and things like almonds and drink alkaline water. I’m trying to make some of my own salad dressings, so that I’m not eating lots of sugar. But when I got to Claim Jumper, which is about once a week, I have huge amounts of their Thousand Island dressing, probably more that 8 table spoons full. That has sugar and mayo in it, and I’m still losing weight. Bet you couldn’t do that on Jenny Craig!

No comments:

Become our Fan on Facebook!