Friday, January 25, 2008

News

I've invited my daughter Christina Makly to write some articles for us. She and my granddaughter have recently become vegetarians. She found some things on the PETA web site about cruelty to animals that concerned her, so they stopped eating meat. I know several vegetarians and vegans who won't even wear leather shoes or buy leather purses and that is based on the consciences. So we all make different choices for different reasons. I'm eating more vegetables and less cooked things to get healthy. So we are exploring many options on this site and I plan to talk about more of them soon. So far I have lost 6 pounds 11 ounces in 3 weeks and I plan to post more of what I've been eating soon. I do that so that I can admit where I've gone off the path, and to open up your minds to other options. And to show that even though I'm eating a lot of the right fats, I'm still losing weight. I've been a normal American carnivore/omnivore all my life and am still eating some meat but finding it less appealing. I'm not going to try and push tofu on anybody. I've had it 100 different ways, don't like it and won't try anymore. There are too many other ways for me to get protein.

No comments:

Become our Fan on Facebook!